Welcome to TomasG's World

Friday, April 02, 2004

Good Morning everyone, as you can all read, that this is my first entry. Thanks to a friend who got me started on reading blogs and I discovered many of my friends from college are also doing blogs so I thought I might as well as join this ever growing group of bloggers. I have really enjoyed reading my friends' blogs and realizing that I want to find an avenue of exploring what is the truth in my perspective. It doesn't necessary mean that the truth I look at and polish will be the gem for the world to accept. I have acknowledged that this world is way too diverse for one truth to be an absolute for everyone.

What is truth? Is truth something that has been tried through fire like a fine gold has been? Is the truth like an iron ore that needs to be purified? Regardless of how we look at meaning of truth, because we know that truth isn't truth isn't truth. Yes I have repeated that on purpose, like we often say "a rose is a rose is a rose". It matters not what the truth may be, it is all based on how we see it. In this time and age and great exchange of information, our perspective on truth has changed so much unlike the old days when we usually trust a reliable source, like our government, our parents, people in authority and so forth.

When we question the truth, sometime we run the risk of offending the person where the "truth" may have came from. Resisting Authority, challenging the authority, being rebellious and so forth are usually the accusation we get when we question the truth. If anyone doesn't want me to question the truth, then I ask that they don't lie to me.

But what the hell am I ranting about here anyway? Oh yeah the truth...I had an opportunity to read a book titled The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz. The first agreement is "Be impeccable with your word". Sounds good, doesn't it? As Ruiz explains the agreement, it has made me reflect on my own integrity and whether or not my words are impeccable. This has me wondering if all those times I spent defending myself is because I try to prove my integrity even though I may be fudging around the truth, which was no longer the truth because I changed the truth. It boggles my mind that I can think like this. I believe that I spent quite too much time defending myself even when people may be joshing with me. I have vowed to make this agreement a part of my life. I want my words to be impeccable, so my words can be the truth in my life.

|