Welcome to TomasG's World

Monday, August 30, 2004

Well Hello!!!!!!

It has been a while since I posted. I had a total meltdown early Sunday Morning on the 22nd of August. Yeah the day after my birthday. But through the Grace of God and good friends, I made it through. I am learning to handle things a little better. I have learned who are really my friends and who aren't my friends.

Sometime I think I have to put my friends through fire to see who would make it through so that I know they are my real friends. Recently two guys who I considered friends were bashing my close friend's character in an local gay chat room. People who knows me very well will know that I am very loyal to my friends and will do anything to protect their honor. Of course I stood up for my close friend and I was so mad at those two "friends" that I have totally lost respect for them.

To reinforced the concept that friends are precious, my friend took me out for dinner at a very nice Spanish resturant near my High School. It was my first time having authenic Spanish meal. The owner of the resturant is from Barcelona and the food was good. I ordered Pollo Flameco (Chicken with cheese and breaded herbs). It was DELICIOUS! I also had a glass of Spanish red wine. I will admit this much, I do not normally drink wine nor do I know much about wine, so I just ordered what my friend ordered. LOL. The wine was great with Pollo Flameco. When I took a sip, it enhanced the essence of the herbs and it just made my dinner so tasty.

After dinner, we went back to his apartment and watched a movie, Bruce Almighty and at one point my friend turned to me and said "Don't cry..." and we both laughed. It was just wonderful. Then we went to the local gay pub for their karaoke night. Lots of things were happening there that night and it was so much fun. I laughed so hard at one time that my friend had to make sure I was okay because I was out of breath. Who knew that a lapdance could lead to a major tumbling off the lap into another person's lap and knocking that person off the chair bumping into another person. The good thing is everyone was able to rescue their drinks.

Afterall, the past week was pretty much a process of learning who I am and how I deal with things. Sometime I don't deal with things so well, but I am open to learning how to deal with things in a better way that won't be considered a waste of my energy, effort or emotions. That's all folks, for today's What is Truth?

|