Welcome to TomasG's World

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Love

What is love? I have always tried to figure it out because I feel like I am missing something great in Life. Love, to, me seems like a fairy tale that needs to be examined. Oftentimes I feel like that everyone has a chance to live with Love while I have been denied of that opportunity.

I dream and hope that love is a big and special thing in life and that if a person has a chance to be loved in a very special way then he is blessed. I don't think I have been blessed in that special way yet. But I have to ask myself what is love? Maybe some day I can answer that question fairly and not be cynical about it. I somehow feel that Life is playing a very mean game with me.

maybe life isn't playing a game. I have been told that nobody can really love me the way I want to be loved until I love myself. Hence the question...what is love? I think I am not sure what Love is because there are a lot of strings attached to "love", in other words, conditional love. I will love you if you do..., if you are...., if you will... and so forth. I have also heard of unconditional love...a love in its purest without string attached. I think I have that with my cats, although I think they only love me because I clean their litterbox, feed them food and give them fresh bowls of water. And on occasion I let them sleep on my bed, a sweet daddy that I am. However they don't care if I am 150 lbs or 450 lbs, they love me the same. They want to be on my lap, want to snuggle in my arms like a baby that they are.

Now with both conditional love and unconditional love attempted to be defined by me. I think to love myself, I must accept myself like how my cats accepted me. A friend of myself said that she began to sing a different tune once she changed her mindset from "I will..." to "I am..." By saying things like "I am beautiful." "I am healthy" and other things, she began to appreciate herself a lot more than when she did before when she was in the "I will..." mindset. I wonder if that is something I could do with myself. I am finding myself thinking in that mode, "I will have what I want when I am 250 lbs lighter" or "I will finally find a boyfriend when I lose more weight." I know I am not appreciating myself as who I am right now. Something for me to think about. I hope this also prompts someone else to think about this in his/her life.

|