Welcome to TomasG's World

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I don't know where to begin. Many things have changed the past year. I live in a new place, I have a new job in the same company. I am pursuing a couple of things other than work.

I have always been fascinated by the Cherokee religion. I recently purchased Shaman Wisdom Cards. I have done a lot of reading for myself and my best friend from this deck. So many things to consider as I do the reading, got to consider the element, the directional element, masculine/feminine, what aspect of myself does the card represent (mental state, emotion state, intellectual state, practical state and others)

Today's card of the day is "Self".

The card says
"I am the seventh direction. It is from me that all directions radiates. I am the center. I must honor myself before I can honor anything or anyone else. I am the beginning of the path of inner power that travels full circle, returns and ends within. It is around me that theMiddle World occurs, the here and now, the world in which time works. I am in the world but I am not of the world. When I attain balance, then and only then do I attain harmony. Always honor the seveth direction. I am the trunk of the sacred tree. I am the here, I am the now. I am the balance of femininie and masculine, for I am the sacred space within. I am Shaman."
.

I wonder what does it mean to honor myself. www.dictionary.com's entry says "To show respect for. " when I typed "honoring".

Right now I am tired and getting ready for bed. I will focus on expanding my thoughts on "honoring myself" and tomorrow's card reading when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Blessed be.

|