Welcome to TomasG's World

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I have been reading this new book today, The Voice of Knowledge by don Miguel Ruiz with Janet Mills. The book is good, I enjoyed reading it while I was at the lake, laying down in the sun. So much what was said in the 45 pages that I have read today rings true in my soul.

Guess what is the topic of those 45 pages? The Truth, what is truth and what is not truth. Ruiz said in the opening of his book

What is truth is real.
What is not truth is not real.
It's an illusion, but it looks real.
Love is real.
It's the supreme expression of life.


This sums up pretty much of what I was trying to find in the past few months. It doesn't mean I have reached the conclusion of my search for What is Truth because of a passage that stood out among many words explaining that the conflict we see in world that is between good and evil is merely in our own minds. The animals, the plants, the entire universe don't see good and evil like we do.

The real conflict in our mind is between the truth and what is not the truth, between the truth and lies. Good and evil are just the result of that conflict.


So our struggles in life isn't because Life dealt us a bad card, but because of our own conflict in our mind between what is right and what is wrong, what is good, what is evil and so forth. It boils down to what is the essence of TRUTH? Each one of us have our own perspective about the truth, but then there is the TRUTH as I mentioned many posts ago. sometime I think that I am sent back to square 1 because I didn't learn the basic thing about truth and living my life that way.

|