Welcome to TomasG's World

Thursday, September 02, 2004

I am still reading don Miguel Ruiz's book The Voice of Knowledge and I want to elaborate more on this part of the quote I have on August 31's post.

Love is real.
It's the supreme expression of life.


This quote has made me pondered on the significance of Love in the search for What is Truth. My wisdom is not given, but my knowledge which gives me substance to ponder on that creates wisdom for me to live by. Which it does happen often. My knowledge directed me to 1 Corinthians 13:1-10. This passage is a great definition of what Love is and how important Love is.

6: Love is not happy with evil but is happy with the truth.


But what is the Truth? Do we wait until we know that our love for something is real and when it is happy, it is true? This is a hard thing to do. But Ruiz said in his book that once we acknowledge that our lives are just merely lights and that we live in virtual reality because our stories are made up in our minds, not based on what is real. I mentioned in earlier posts that there is our truth and then there is the Truth. Ruiz and I seem to agree that the Truth isn't available to all of us if we cannot accept the idea that our truth may be tainted with what we think the truth should be. I wonder if each one of us is the truth, but we don't see it because we don't see ourselves that way.

|