Welcome to TomasG's World

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I decided to revive this blog. Haven't typed a message in here for almost 4 years. Wow, but I am at the point of wanting to write again. Today I ran across this blog article by Marc. He listed 30 things to stop doing to yourself. What I would like to do is spend the next 30 weeks talking about each thing and applying that to my life.

First thing is Stop spending time with the wrong people.

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. if someone wants you in their life, they'll make room for you. you shouldn't have to fight for a spot. never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth. And remember, it's not the people that stand by your side when you're at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you're at your worst that are your true friends.


I recently had to severe some of the relationships I have because of the energy drain and psyche it required to maintain the relationship was too much for me. I only wish that they could have understood where I am coming from and respect me for that decision. Perhaps today I can't handle it, but who knows in a few months I can. I do feel better and I think I am a better person because I have energy to focus on taking care of me so that I can be there for my friends and family during the best and worst times.

I notice that when I get frustrated, drained or just plain stressed out over friendship or specific person, I tend to withdraw from everything, and become angry and dwell on that anger for days, sometimes for months. It is not good for me and it hurts everyone in long run.

In the past year, I have gained so many great friends who are just phenomenal about being there for me through it all. Awesome texts from those friends during my low moments have actually made me feel better. I bounce back quicker and I stay engage with life. It is an honor and a pleasure to have those important people in my life.

This is a good idea...stop spending time with the wrong people.

|