Welcome to TomasG's World

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I had another breakthrough with my eating habits. My mom was reminding me that we don't have enough food and that we need to go and get more food. I told her, no that is not the case, we have plenty of food, enough to last us a week. Then she finally admits "Well, I want this crab meat, I am hungry for it." Bingo!

I thought how many times have I eaten so much food because I didn't eat what I really want. I realized that if I deny myself something, let's say something chocolate because it is too sugary and a big NO NO in my diet plan, I am more likely to find something else to eat and I won't stop at one serving, I will keep going and going and going until I get sick of it. I am not eating because I am hungry, although I may claim that I am hungry but I am only craving for one specific thing that I won't allow myself to have.

With this in mind, I will remember to allow myself to have whatever I am craving for, in moderation because in long run, I won't be beating myself up with overeating something else because I am denying myself what I am craving for.
----

I have a question for you, my dear readers...should I continue posting about my eating habits and all that, or shall I create a new blog focusing mainly on resolving issues with my eating habits and weight loss? Feedback would be highly appreciated.

|