Welcome to TomasG's World

Monday, April 10, 2006

Here I am, writing a post about change. Why is change important to me at this time? Because I feel like my life is currently going through a season of change. Personally, a season of change is something that my life needs alot of changes in many areas.

Since my age clock turned 3-0, I made some changes. I took my health and my weight loss seriously by getting myself to a doctor and started losing weight. In 6 months, I have lost 35 lbs. I am hoping that by my birthday (August 21, for those who don't know that) I would be about 84 lbs less than I was when I turned 30. I have to remind myself that it took me many years to get to the point of weighting at 484 lbs and that I must give myself time to lose about 250 lbs where I will reach at 234 lbs. I won't stop at 234 for sure, as I approach 250 lbs, I will evaluate to see how I feel, look and how my health is. I might stop at 250, or I may lose more weight. It just all depends on different factors, just that I don't want to be morbidly obese and I am working on fixing that.

Along with weight loss and health issues, I have also changed my lifestyle. I no longer live with my mommy, but instead I live in a house with a roommate and I have two cats. I love my cats, they love me unconditionally and so does my roommate. My roommate is also my 'sistah'. His family has adopted me and I love his family. I know he will continue to love me no matter what and I will love him as well. I can improve my lifestyle change even more now because I just got a job where I will be working in the warehouse of a textbook exchange company. Now that I know I have some extra money coming in, I reexamined my debts and realized that I can pay it all off in 7 years at $300 a month. I better be sure that I keep this job or find a better job that pays more so I can pay off my debts faster.

Now that I have financial freedom on the edge of the horizon, I am allowing myself to take a look at some of the changes I want to make in the future so that I can move to another stage of my life. I want to work on converting some dreams into reality which involves money, time and patience. One of my dreams is to be a published author, so now I am working on putting together a book. I am using all my blog entries as potential essays to be compiled into a book. I have been reading my past blogs and I am amazed at some of the stuff I have written about. My thoughts and my feelings are out there on the internet, so why not put it into a collection and have it printed as a book, that is what I said to myself.

Thinking about being published author also got me thinking about a couple of other things that I want to do. I am thinking about going back to school and complete my BA degree in Communication Studies, then continue with school on a brand new path. The new path is culinary school where I get to learn how to cook, cut, chop and play with food. I have been collecting recipes and been cooking for my roommate. He loves my cooking and I like his cooking, but I prefer to cook because I get to experiment and make different food. I also want to take courses in photography so I can grow as a photographer and sell my work. I would love to see my work hung in people's homes other than my mommy's home.

So bottom line, Season of Change is in my life right now and I am very happy that it is there. I am thrilled to make changes because I know that means my life will be in a better place, a different phase of life, a point of knowing that I am getting older and ready to settle down and enjoy life as an adult with responsibilities.

|